Monday, November 1, 2010

The First of November

I'm still not sure how November got here so quickly but I know it is here.  We had some of the white stuff blowing around in my yard last night and this morning and there is definitely a November chill in the air!  I guess just due to the chill, I am already thinking about getting my holiday shopping started this week.  I do have my wreath out and ready to go on the front door, but I've hesitated to put it up.  My husband won't be in the holiday spirit until December 1st or so!  I guess I've always felt the holiday spirit about a month earlier than him--probably because the holiday shopping is done by me.  If we waited for hubby to get it done, we would have our gifts purchased on Christmas Eve just as the mall is getting ready to close!  This year, I'm trying to get some gifts made and am trying to find really unique gifts for family and friends!  And, I am looking for warm, indoor activities to keep me busy!  This week at the library, we've got two very warm evenings planned for patrons!

This Wednesday,  November 3 at 7pm, The Great Swamp Conservancy Photographers will open their November Show in the Lawson Community Room.  We invite the entire community out to view this great photography show.  This group of photographers is a newly formed group and is sure to be a great treasure to our community!  Light refreshments will be served!

On Thursday, November 4 at 7pm, the library will host Julie Rimmel for a wonderfully warm presentation of "Holiday ABC Books".  Mrs. Rimmel has a collection of alphabet groups through the ages and she will share some of her favorites.  While children are welcomed, this program is designed for an adult audience.

If you have been thinking about making some of your holiday gifts this year, there is still time to sign up for our special evening presentation of "Creating Potato Chip Scarves."  On Thursday, November 11 at 7pm, the Canastota Library Knitters would be honored to help you!  You will need to bring 8 oz of a sport yarn, as well as #4 knitting needlesPlease RSVP by calling 697-7030 so the Knitters will know how many people to expect!

We hope to see you this week at the Library!


No comments:

Post a Comment