Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When I Grow Up....

Have you thought about what you want to do when you grow up? I am in my mid-50s and wonder that all the time lately! I have a nice career in public relations and marketing. I’ve worked for some great non-profits now and before I came to the library. A few years were spent as a free-lancer, writing articles for the Oneida Daily Dispatch and some other publications. Still, I often spend time thinking about my retirement and just what I will do during that time of my life.

 

While, I’m sure “writing” will be a part of that, painting or another creative endeavor might be fun. I might even take up another type of hobby like knitting or scrapbooking. Playing Bridge might be an activity that I will be interested in learning to do. Needless to say, I know I will want to keep learning about our history and new trends and developments in technology, the arts, education and our environment.


The library is a perfect resource for all of those activities! We have two writing groups that meet here at the library, as well as two knitting groups and a scrapbooking club. Our Party Bridge group meets every Thursday afternoon. The library is a constant resource for those wanting to learn about new businesses, new opportunities and new developments in our world!

 

So, when one day I retire, I hope to still be here…at least some days…at the library. Learning. Meeting. Creating. Enjoying Life….When I grow up….


 

No comments:

Post a Comment